Oh that crazy Donald Trump will do anything to keep his career alive and now sadly NBC is bringing back the Apperentice but with CELEBRITIES and if that wasn’t tragic enough he actually invites Rosie O to be apart of the cast…AS IF!!!??? HA!
`The Apprentice’ to return _ with celebs
By LYNN ELBER, AP Television Writer Yesterday at 4:16 pm
Check your publicist at the boardroom door — NBC is inviting celebrities to try to wow Donald Trump in the next version of “The Apprentice.”
And while it would make for a marquee matchup, don’t expect Rosie O’Donnell to be among them.
“It will never happen in this lifetime or beyond,” said Cindi Berger, O’Donnell’s spokeswoman.
The network announced Monday that the game show will be back in the middle of next season with the celebrity twist, the winner donating proceeds to charity instead of going to work for The Donald.
NBC had canceled “The Apprentice” due to low ratings when it announced its next season schedule in May. But the network hired Ben Silverman as its new entertainment chief shortly thereafter, and he called on Trump and executive producer Mark Burnett to revive the show.
No contestants were named in NBC’s announcement. The network said it was looking for people with entreprenurial abilities in the areas of sports, entertainment and fashion.
Which, of course, raised the question of O’Donnell, Trump’s nemesis, maybe getting involved.
“It would be great to have Rosie on `The Apprentice,'” Silverman said at a morning Television Critics Association news conference. “Donald personally told me to extend an invitation to her.”
NBC entertainment co-chairman Marc Graboff echoed Silverman’s comment, saying “we’d love her” to be on the show.
O’Donnell’s spokeswoman, however, quickly put a freeze on the idea. She did confirm, though, that the former talk host and “The View” panelist was in talks with NBC about other projects.
NBC also announced Monday that it would be getting into some mind games for another series. It has signed a deal with magician Criss Angel and Uri Geller for a competition where they will search for the next great mentalist.
Also, Jerry Seinfeld is returning to NBC next season — if only briefly. The network said Seinfeld would appear as a guest on the Oct. 4 season opener of “30 Rock,” coming back to his Thursday-night turf.
“I was thrilled to be asked to guest star on NBC’s hit comedy ’30 Rock,'” Seinfeld said. “I think it’s going to be so refreshing for me to be playing myself in a show that has nothing to do with neurotic, dysfunctional New York characters.”
NBC also announced Monday that it has signed a series deal with producer Norman Lear of “All in the Family Fame.” The show will be a one-hour drama-comedy about the battle of the sexes and will be set on Wall Street. The network is “circling” a-list actors and actresses for the show, Silverman said.
Copyright © 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.
- You are known for your ability to narrow your focus in order t... More for Virgo bit.ly/A7Cwfs 2 hours ago
- @desolasol I’m down haha 14 hours ago
- @desolasol bday sex? 😈😍😜 14 hours ago
- Tomorrow. One more. We will fight harder than we have all season for the WIN! #letsgo #notdone… instagram.com/p/BeLuCA7DWUm/ 16 hours ago
- #trumpshutdown 18 hours ago
- @ctopherd Lol tell me about it 18 hours ago
- We love you Dola!!! twitter.com/patriots/statu… 18 hours ago
- A sudden shift in the energy leads you to seek more freedom by... More for Virgo bit.ly/A7Cwfs 1 day ago
- People may be surprised by your irresponsible behavior today b... More for Virgo bit.ly/A7Cwfs 2 days ago
- @DerekCaldera @Chase THE WORST. Ive been with them for 10 years and I had my account attacked with so much fraud t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago